1. I love camping. We were just away this weekend in our RV and it is such therapy. I can totally relax and not think about a thing. I enjoy being out in the woods, huddled around a roaring fire, eating a smore.
Having time away where I can focus on my family, wear no makeup, throw my baseball cap on, hang in a hammock, listen to my favorite music is all such good medicine for the soul. It brings life back to the basics. Makes you feel like a kid again with no worries about "real life" back home. Lots of laughter too!
2. I love Chutney - Born and raised in South Africa, this is a staple sauce you eat with most everything. I especially love it with french fries!
3. I lived in Panama City during my middle school years. I rode to school in a taxi cab every day and didn't’t think that was a big deal. We lived downtown Panama and my school was about 45 minutes away. When I think of that memory and experience now, I’m shocked that it was me who did that. There were about 3 of us that were picked up and dropped off every day. I remember hearing the salsa music which I use to jam to and of course there was no air conditioning, just hot air blasting past my face from the open windows. However, the cultural experience is one I will never forget and I think it made me aware of others around me and helped me adjust to life's circumstances with flexibility.
4. I can’t stand to watch other’s brush their teeth. It makes me nauseated. Crazy but true. The foaming at the mouth makes me sick. Okay, barf..... I’ll be right back.
5. The best book I read was when I was a teenager. The autobiography of Joni Eareckson Tada. I couldn't put the book down. She was paralyzed as a teenager and her story describes how she overcame this terrible disaster in her life. It changed my outlook on life, making me live my life to the fullest. Especially since I was a teenager and thought the whole world revolved around ME, ME! Go here to watch her interview with Larry King Live.
6. I wore coke bottle glasses until I was 16 and was teased all through school. The best day of my life was when I got contacts. However, I look back at it now and it helped me become who I am now. I learned to overcome adversity and helped me overcome my fears, building my character. My oldest daughter was born with lazy eyes and had 3 surgeries to correct her strabismus. She wore glasses at 4 months old. I was able to encourage her and help her through what I went through, making both of us even stronger. Funny how life flips around isn't it?
7. I have never been a dog lover but we got a puppy last year for our girls. I have been won over and can’t live without her now! Actually today it's been one year since we got her.
8. I love to knit. My mom taught me when I was about 10 and I've never forgotten. If I ever want to do something that is productive but requires no brain work, that's what I 'll do. Yes, I know it's kinda nerdy but if you read my blog entry last week about 2011 trends, knitting is coming back! Go here to read my post.
I noticed that everyone around me was laughing.....I looked up and guess what I was waving?