I just returned back from a wonderful few days with my Design Blogger friends in Atlanta.
It was a fun filled few days with amazing speakers as you see above.
I so enjoyed getting to see Cheryl Luckett from Dwell by Cheryl. She has the same passion for Design as I do. She loves to renew, restore and revamp old treasures and enjoys the hunt of a good find. Follow her blog, it is full of amazing transformations.
Watch this quick video to give you a quick glimpse into the fun we had!
Of course the highlight for me was meeting Candice Olson. She is my Design Idol! I absolutely love her design style. She is brilliant, incredibly kind and fun. Of course they took the picture while I was telling her I wore high heels just for her!
Here are my top 25 takeaways from the event:
- Even the best of the best have struggles in this business.
- Being an overcomer is key
- If you fall, get up and try again
- Find where you shine in this industry and stick with that
- Comparison is a bad word, everyone has a different walk
- Be where you are planted and do that well
- There is insane talent in the Design industry
- Don't let fear steal your joy
- Videos are key in our market right now
- You don't have to be like everyone else, stand out.
- There are lots of tools out there for us to use that make our job easier
- Take time to rest or you will burn out in this business
- It takes years to build your brand. Stick to it, be consistent and it will pay off
- It hurts when you grow, get help and don't feel guilty
- Build a good team that represents you well
- Social Media is a must but choose the one you like best and be good at that one
- Trust your gut, don't be shortsighted
- Just say yes!
- Collaborate with a fellow designer
- Find your tribe and do this together
- Show a piece of your personal side
- Give your readers topics they want
- Listen to your readers needs
- Have rich content on your blog
- Show before and after pictures, they are incredibly effective